BEWARE!!!
So we seriously live one minute from this place. Stewart used to go as a kid and always talks about it, so we FINALLY went the other day. He calls it the peacock park because they have a bunch there and he has called it that since he was little. It was so fun, and I have learned that geese are VERY aggressive. We just walked around for a while and they have a few huge ponds with ducks and geese. I was sad that we didn't bring any food to feed them and then realized I had Ella's cheerios in the car. I go get them and get back in time to see Ella has been splashing around in the nasty pond water. This is what happens when Stew is in charge, but I just let her keep doing it because she was having a ball. So we decide to finally throw the food in the water and I think these birds don't eat that well because all at once they come flying and skidding through the water. At this point everything is fine. The ducks are eating up the cheerios and by this time the geese make it our way. They get out of the water and are honking and honking at us and just getting closer and closer. There were three, so it was a little frightening. So they get so close I have to grab Ella and I am running and laughing so hard because they are chasing us and just wouldn't let up so we just ran to the other pond and left them in the dust. I guess it is feed at your own risk:) I am laughing as I type this but I think you had to be there. Ella was not scared at all and just wanted to stay and pet them. After all this we make it to the stables and we get to see baby goats, cows and some little lambs. Ella liked them, I think because they didn't make to much noise. We also were able to see the infamous peacocks I have heard so much about and there were tuns of them, it was really cool. I think that Ella and I will be there a lot because it is so close and it's pretty big so I am planning on packing her up in the jogging stroller and running through the park because they have lots of sidewalks to run on. Although I might just be scared of the geese, they rule the roost there and they have lots of those buggers walking around. Good times:)
Ella and Daddy
The peacocks were everywhere. It was pretty sweet. They were nice and didn't chase us.
Ella playing in the pond water, checking out the nice duckies.
Here they come to attack us, at one point they were all on that ledge, and as Stewart put they were hissing at us. Unfortunitly we only got one on the ledge because we were both to scared to
Ten dollars to anyone who can tell me what the heck kinda bird this is. Stew and I decided its a cross between a chicken, a large pigeon body and a duck with weebed feet. Am I crazy or is this bird very unusual. Great, maybe it is something in the water.
Are those crazy birds gone yet?
This is just some of the random video we took at the park- it's pretty funny.
7 comments:
how fun!! that sounds like a great park! Maybe next time we are down we could all go, take a picnic or something :) Ains loves animals
HAHA! This is so funny! I swear the same goose must have chased my brother over 20 years ago! He is still afraid of geese to this day!!
You guys are doing so much fun stuff with Ella I love it!
Sounds like you guys are having fun. I remember one of our neighbors had geese and they were soooo mean. I am still scared of geese.
what a fun trip to the park!:) i have always been scared of the geese at duck ponds!!!
similar attackage happened to us. But it was a bit scarier- and didn't leave me wanting...
Post a Comment