11.12.2008

Any Potty Training Advice?



I'm still not sure if I'm ready but I think she is. She has gone #1 everyday now, 3-5 times a day. She has even gone #2- it was a shock for us all. Sometimes she even goes by herself without me asking her (#1). She is still in diapers most of the time, she has underwear but sometimes doesn't want to wear them. I don't really want to push her. Any ADVICE is more than welcome:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Advice? None but I LOVE how she is such a lady on the pot :)

jamieBEE said...

GOOD LUCK!!!
My advice is when she is ready - you will know. Try it out. If you put her in panties and she has lots of accidents - put her back in diapers (or pullups) and then when she is ready she will let you know. Keep Asking and talking about how big girls go potty and wear panties.

Something else that helped was being around older cousins (since Gracie is the oldest) she was able to see that all big girls use the potty when they have to go.

We tried sticker charts, candy rewards, games, parties, and everything else that I could imagine.

BUT IT ALL CAME DOWN TO THIS:

If you are loosing your mind and nothing is working - she is probably not ready. Don't worry!!! You are not a bad mom if you put her in panties and then back in diapers!!! It will come!!! and it is not worth the nightmare of accidents & angry mom!

Allred Family said...

I agree with Jamie, When she is ready you will know. I had the WORST time potty training Caleb, and Sage practically did it all by herself in about a week. Everyone is different,Sounds like she is off to a good start!!! Sage LOVES M&M's So when she went #1 she got one and with #2 she got two!!!! Something as easy as that worked great for us!!! GOOD LUCK

Lambeth Family said...

Kylee ended up with some problems, so it was a loooong process for us. I've decided Skylar can wait till she is three. She sometimes does it herself. I figure, if she wants to I'll let her. But three is when I'm ready to start the process! It's a whole new ball game when you start this stuff!:)

Danielle said...

obviously I haven't done this yet, but my mom swears by this book
"Toilet Training in Less Than a Day"

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Toilet-Training-in-Less-Than-a-Day/Nathan-H-Azrin/e/9780671693800/?itm=1

anna banana said...

She is totally ready, you are not pushing her it is the other way around. Just help her out a little, take away the diapers make undies super cool, and she will be good to go.

If she has a relapse sometime down the road it doesnt mean she wasnt ready, it just means she has a relapse. I totally think you should just go for it, even though you still love diapers. :)

rlantzfam said...

the best advice i ever got was just put them on the toilet 15 minutes after having a drink. If they didnt go, then try another 15minutes. Paisley did the same thing, just wanted to do it. so i think just help her by asking all the time and maybe putting her in panties. paisley didnt want diapers but i got her to love pull ups just in case. Fun princess designs always help. You are her mom and i think you will just recognize what to do. it will come in time.I always did pull ups in the car for awhile so she didnt have an accident in the car and i always had extra clothes on hand. and one more thing. when going to the grocery store take her before you get a whole cart full and you are in the very back of the store! Paisley was 19 months old when she potty trained and i loved it. good luck!