to say goodbye to the beloved binky that is. She has four months until she is two and that is it. No more. I think that she is just to old to have it. When I see her with it in her mouth I think she just looks to old to have it. Am I mean? She can only have her bink when it is time for a nap or bed time. She does love it, but she has a blanket that she is extremely attached to so I am hoping that will make it easier. So, I am trying to decide the best way to do it. Suggestions please?
I do have to say that I love that she has loved her binky so much. I hope all my kids will take them:)
7 comments:
well, i saw on supernanny one time that they hung the binky in a tree and said the binky fairy would come and take the binky in the night and leave a prize in it's place. it seemed to work.... good luck!
I have NO suggestions for you ...I attempted taking it away from Gracie six months ago and almost lost my mind.....Gracie only uses her binky at night & naps and I don't have the heart to potty train and take a binky away at the same time. Let us know how it goes! I LOVE the binky fairy in a tree idea!
unfortunately i too have no suggestions. i have been aggonizing over the same issue actually. what to do and when to do it. should i do it before the baby comes or wait until he is two. i am thinking two. he needs some normalcy once the baby is here, right? anyway, good luck! i am anxcious to hear how it goes. i will need your advise for sure!
goodluck!! Sorry, no suggestions here, just support :)
I like the binky fairy idea too. Let us know how things go. I don't really like seeing older kids with binkies either. My sister in law just barely took away my nephew's and he will be three this month. She said she had to sleep in his room for the night, but after that it was forgotten. Good Luck!!
We just did it cold turkey both times. Just one night tell her no more binky here is your blankie though. It went well with both of our boys. Adam was two, we took Jake's away at one, that was a lot easier then at two I will tell you that.
Hi Shana, I'm being a blog voyeur, but I thought I would tell you how we took away Weston's binki. He was about 19 months I think. We cut off the tips of all the binkis so that they were harder to suck on and not as comforting. When he didn't give them up on his own we chopping off almost the entire sucky part. He cried for 2 nights (while I was gone on a little trip . . . Ian is better at tuning out crying) before falling asleep with just his beloved blankie and then it was done. We tossed them all and he never asked about them. I am so glad we did it before 2 too. The sooner the better, I think. :) Good luck. I'm glad she has a blankie to take over that comfort spot.
Post a Comment