5.10.2011

Reason for my lack of blogging.

(Luke thinks we are trying to kill him every time we do this. He screams the WHOLE time)

Unfortunately things have been CRAZY lately! Not a good crazy either, more like a, I want to pull my hair out crazy!
Today is May 10th which means this craziness has been going on for 10 days.
Starting May 1st (Sunday) I took Ella to the ER.
Yes
I
am
A
CRAZY
mom!
She had a high fever and would scream for literally five minutes after she went to the bathroom, and of course it was the weekend, and all you mom's out there know it always happens on the weekend or at night. I'm very glad I took her because she had a UTI. Her third in her short little life. She is getting an ultrasound in the morning so they can check her for reflux with her kidneys.
Fast forward to Friday.
Ella has a follow up with the doctor and Luke is supposed to get shots since at his one year he had an ear infection. Ella pees in a cup and all is well, infection gone. The doctor checks her out some more and she has bronchitis. What?!?! They give Luke a few shots and we are on our way.
Sunday Luke is not feeling well, crabby, not eating. I don't think much of it. Monday morning I go get him out of bed he is BURNING up. 103.5 fever so of course he gets some Tylenol and a half hour later her is still BURNING up. Now his fever is 104.3. Holy smokes! It is still to early to go to the doctor so we take him to the ER. They catheterized him and take chest x-rays and he has an pneumonia. They are treating him out patient, we have steroids, antibiotics and breathing treatments. Oh, and he has another ear infection. So, yesterday Luke was tortured (literally) with antibiotic and steroid shots and everything in between. Today we were back at the doctor so they could check him out and give him another shot.
Yay us!!
Lets go over this again folks....
within the last few weeks or so we have had:
ear infections
bronchitis
UTI
and and pneumonia.
Since May 1st we have been to the ER TWICE, probably 6-8 doctor appointments, and tomorrow Ella has her ultrasound of her kidneys at 9:00am. The we will go to dance at 10:30 and then Ella and I will be at the dentist at 1:00 for teething cleanings. Plus next week Luke has to see and ENT since he can't shake his ear infections which probably means tubes.
The icing on the cake is last week Stewart and I were both at the dentist to get cavities filled.
I am SICK of doctors (of all kinds)!!!
Good thing we have health insurance or I might have to sell a kidney, or possibly a child.

The END!

I will stop complaining now.



3 comments:

Alexis said...

First of all, I think you are totally allowed to complain.

Second of all, I am SO sorry! I feel so bad for you and your little kiddos. If I can help with anything, please let me know!

trent said...

You are a wounderful mom, and this is all about being that and having children. I get first dibbs if you are going to sell one, lol, love you all.

anna banana said...

That totally sucks! I am so sorry! I had no idea! I heard about the UTI but missed everything else! Hopefully you guys are in the clear! Wish I was there to help you out!