4.13.2008

FAMILY DAY


Ella at breakfast:) Enjoying some apple juice (I rarely give her anything besides water or milk.... I know I am a mean mom:(

Where do I begin. So we had our whole Saturday planned out. Plans had changed a few times..... we had originally planned to go the the Clark County fair Saturdayafternoon and into the night. Then earlier this week Stewart told me they were having a picnic for school and wanted to go so we decided to hit the fair up in the early afternoon. BAD IDEA!!!! We went to breakfast then dove the 45 minutes two lane rode headed to the Podunk town. It went on for as long as you can see. We just kept saying.... "should we turn around," but we always felt like we were so close. Plus we didn't want to always wonder how close we were. Anyway the plan was to stay from 10-12:30... by the time we got to the fair it was after twelve and the line to get into the fair was ridiculously long. So we turned around at that point and I was so sad.... I had been looking forward to it for so long. I know it is weird, but I love carnival rides. The zipper, the kamikaze , I just love it. So we got back on the freeway and the cars were backed way up in the emergency lane, way more backed up then it had been earlier. Poor folks. But it was nice to have some time just to chat in the car.

Look at all these cars...... are you kidding me?

In the afternoon we had a picnic for Stewart's landscape architecture program. It was at sunset park and it was a beautiful day. Stewart was a little sad because there was no wind and he had big plans to fly the kite he bought for Ella. We had fun hanging out and watching the kids. There were three dogs and Ella had a love/ hate relationship with them. She would go up to them and laugh but as soon as they moved closer she would get scared and run away. Check out the picture of Ella eating her cookie..... or should I say check out the picture of Ella eating the m&m's off her cookie.



Giving each other smooches.... cutie pies Ella and Elliot

2 comments:

Unknown said...

with that many cars in line I would not want to be there because I am sure the cars are full of people. we actually did go to the fair once out in logandale and it was a lot of fun.

alexis said...

i was so bummed we didn't go and now i'm glad.