4.22.2008

18 months

Oh my goodness..... my baby is 18 months already. WHERE has the time gone. She is such an amazing girl and we could not love her more. She has brought so much joy into our lives. So, to kick off turning 18 months she went to nursery for the first time. I brought her in, stayed a few minutes and left. I went back to look in the window, and she was sitting on the nursery leaders lap just looking around. Then I was talking to a girl in the hallway and her comes the nursery leader carrying Ella who is bawling her eyes out, snot and all. So I calmed her down and we went back in and I stayed with her and she did pretty good. She is a little timid around kids, especially that many. I am hoping she will like it and be more comfortable in a few weeks after I stay in there with her. There is a little bully in there that likes to eat all the kids snacks and gets in all of there faces. Poor Ella is just not used to that.
Today was her 18 month check up. Oh boy. Lets just say she knows why we go to the doctor now. She was fine in the reception area but as soon as we walked to the back it was over. The nurse just tried to weigh her and measure her head, doesn't sound to hard right? Well Ella freaked. Crying to the point where she couldn't catch her breath. Then I took her back to the room to wait for the doc so she calmed down. Well in walks the pediatrician and she cried the whole time he was in there, he said it is normal at this age. Then the nurse wanted to do the routine hearing and vision test so we walk out of the room and as soon as Ella spotted the nurse she lost it..... so the nurse put on her chart, "patient refuses testing," meaning Ella. :) Then comes the shots.... although when the nurse came back into our room Ella once again freaked so I don't even think she felt the shots. What a fun day. Poor Ella...... growing up is hard to do. She is 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height. The doc says she is tall and skinny.

Some of the things we love about our little girl:
-so adorable we can hardly stand it
-she knows what she wants
-she loves to have dance party's with us.... and just loves to dance on her own
-she has a great laugh
-she has the most gorgeous big brown eyes
-she still loves to cuddle
-she loves to read books....over and over again
-she loves her dolls and stuffed animals
-she has the cutest little run.... its a little wobbly
-she loves marshmallows
-she is talking up a storm
-she loves water and loves to be outside
-she loves to show off- and will balance on one foot while hamming it up
ok, the list could go on and on but I will spare you all. We love our little bug. She is awesome.


This is what she made at nursery... I know I am a dork but I love it even though it looks a little scary. It was her first little art project

3 comments:

Mindy Blake said...

that is so cute! i cant beleive that she is already 18 months! seriously time is flying! she is defiantely one cute little girl! We miss you guys! it was soooo good to see you for that little bit when we were there. give ella a hug for us and we will talk soon!

Danielle said...

aww, lil Ella! She really is precious, it was so fun getting the girls together, I hope we can do it again soon.
Ains says if that bully tries to steal Ella's snacks again she'll sit on his head!! ;)
Happy 1 1/2 Ella! You dancing Queen!

Anonymous said...

isn't it so fun taking them to the doctor? it use to not even phase andrew, but the second the doctor walks in now, he freaks out! fun, fun!:)
i can't believe she is 18 months old either! the time really does go so fast!:)