12.14.2007

Let's just get over it!

So, it was my day off today and since Ella was sleeping I decided to be lazy and just watch TV. I watched The View, and sometimes it gets a little crazy.
I have never understood why exactly racism exists, especially in this day and age. I hate it. Everyone is put on this earth for a different reason and to do different things. It should not matter if you are White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, or whatever. You could be green for all I care. Ok, maybe not green, that is just wierd. Anyway on The View today they were talking about of course, how Barack Obama is a black man running for president. So, just in case no one knows, there is a black man running for president.... and? I thought it was interesting because they bought up that his wife is "very dark skinned," as they put it and were talking about how it would be different if his wife were white. A few girls said that they thought it would make both white people angry as well as black people. WHY? Can we not just get over that God made people different. What kind of world would this be if we all looked alike. BORING!!!! I guess I should make it clear that I think what matters when we elect a president is, what they bring to the table as far a what they stand for, what there plan is to make this a better country, and safer country to live in. I say we should make me president:) Just kidding- but really people can't we just get over it and get down to what really matters..... What candidate is going to make the best President. I say lets start fresh with all new candidates..... I'm sick of all of them. How much longer until elections?
I hope I didn't offend anyone.

7 comments:

Jamie Lynn said...

SO TRUE!!!! Who cares what color skin they have or what sex they are (although I personally pray that SHE doesn't get voted in), or what religion they are. Get to the facts of the elections people! Great post!

Stewart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kata said...

OH!! I totally agree-- I actually think people are going to come out of the woodwork voting this time... For many it is either about race, religion, or being a woman. So, really history will be made- and I think everyone wants a say in it. Its a joke that its all about that! I think we need to search for dignity, strength, direction and someone who can lead us through this war- not just bail out on Iraq all together.... AND I just hope and pray that people look for the Best Man- and yes, I do mean man! -- i may have said too much.... oops.

by the way, how are you.. I miss not getting my hair done b/c that is the best time to chat with you! Chat soon! kata

stewart.shana.ella said...

I couldn't agree more:)

Danielle said...

Shana, i just read this, I love that you wrote this and that you feel this way. I totally feel the same way. I just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

hey! i'm actually having a boy! funny that my brother said girl. i am going to have to give him a hard time about that! :)

Libby said...

I hear ya!!