11.11.2007

The Silverman!





A 2.5 mile swim (in lake mead)- 112 mile bike ride- and last but not least a marothon. I just wanted to give a little shout out to my husband who did a marvelous job in the Silverman. I am sad to report he didn't finish the whole thing, but he did so dang good. He has basically not trained at all because he is soo busy with school and work but was still able to finish the swim and most of the biking. How amazing that he made it that far. I am so impressed. They had until 3:45 to hit a certain point in the biking and he made it to that but then was done. He has about 19 miles left for the biking but he was far to tired to continue on. He would have only had one hour and fifteen minutes to ride 19 miles. Not so easy. So he decided, "I'm done!" Who can blame the guy? He did so amazing and we are so proud of him. I would have drowned in the lake. His Dad did it with him and also participated last year and is running the marathon as I type. I really don't know how they do it. Yay for Stewart and his dad. You guys are amazing- way to go:) More pictures to come from the biking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that is crazy! i could NEVER swim that far (or bike or run either). way to go.:)

Danielle said...

I still can't believe Stewart actually went thru with it. How amazing he made it as far as he did! Way to go Stew!

Libby said...

That is more than crazy...in my opinion that is insane! I don't get why anyone would choose to run a marathon alone! Seriously, people die doing those things! But, way to go Stewart. It really is impressive! Hats off :).

Unknown said...

Way to go Stewart! You are awesome for even attempting this. I keep signing up for races with Nate and I always back out! maybe one day I will follow through with my commitment. Good Job!!

Kata said...

this is out of control! I can't believe that Stewart did it too! They are totally insane! The pic of the swim looks like a flock of geese- or a parana attack!