4.22.2009

The last of Hawaii


Sorry Kathryn I just had to post this picture. Kathryn and Thom picked us up bright and early from the airport and when I gave Ella her gift Thom dug Kathryn's grass skirt out. It was high on her closet shelf but that didn't stop the Jefe. He made her put it on to take a picture with Ella.

Feel free to skip this post if you are bored but I wanted to get it all posted. I think we took way to many pictures. But I wanted it on here for me so I would remember it all. Doing all these posts made me realize that Stewart and I are not good at sitting still for to long.

This is where we stayed. The backyard was the beach. Stewart just had to climb a few trees..... those of you who know Stewart should not be surprised.


The sand is kinda weird there. It is large and grainy but you can't beat how blue the water is. And sea wead doesn't attack you like in Cali. We loved it:)


We met up a few nights for dinner with the Komotsu's. Brandon served in the same mission as Stewart and they had a great time reminiscing the mission days. Brandon and his wife Jennifer are some of the nicest people I have ever met. We had such a great time with them! We even got some great entertainment one night.... at one of the restaurants they had a guy going from table to table doing magic. We all laughed so hard it hurt.... good times.

Pearl Harbor: It was so amazing to be able to visit this historic sight. It is really amazing to think about and very moving. It is very sad to see all who lost there lives in one day. It just makes you think about all that is going on in this crazy world of ours and be truly grateful for the men and women who serve our country everyday.

The Dole Plantation. Yes this place is more for kids then adults but hey we had a blast. Stewart got his fill of tasty pineapple whip and we even rode the kid train. We sent the pictures below to Ella and she said, "they are silly:)"

We went to the flea market while we were there. It was fun and while we were there people would approach you about coming to this "presentation" and you would get a free sunset dinner cruise or whatever you wanted. Well it was lame, not a timeshare thing but kinda. They kept trying to talk us into buying and we were like just give us our free dinner cruise. Stewart and I were excited because they do a luau thing and have the dances and what not. We didn't really want to go to the pcc because we knew we would be disappointed (especially for the price) So we got the same thing for free.

Check out the sweet boat we had our dinner cruise on:) Cruising in style...lol!


The sunset was amazing and we had so much fun just hanging out on the top deck being dorks:)


They have all kinds of funny things to take pictures with in Hawaii and we took full advantage of being dorks:)



Ella told my mom that this statue is her new dad:)

Para sailing: I was looking forward to this from the minute I knew I was going to Hawaii. I loved it. We had a great time. Minus all the people who got sea sick and were throwing up over the side of the boat! I am so mad I cant find the disc that has the pictures on it because some how some got deleted and we are missing the picture of us getting dipped in the middle of the ocean. Stewart's idea: not mine! I highly recommend this to anyone. While we were on the boat we even got to see some humpback whales. Awesome and totally amazing. I think we saw three total, and we were lucky because it is near the end of the whale season.

2 comments:

anna banana said...

Love the grass skirts picture...lol!

Lambeth Family said...

Oh my gosh! That looks soooo freakin fun. I am just in aw at the beautiful pictures. Hopefully some day I'll make it there. If I do, you'll have to fill me in on everything. I like the footsie picture. That's cute!!