4.18.2009

HAWAII

Hanauma Bay- A gorgeous place for snorkeling! It used to be a volcano crater and now it is this amazing bay. We saw lots of colorful fish and had a great time laying on the beach. We hung out here for quite a while and loved it.

Then there is a cove on the north shore that my Grandma and Aunt Kathleen told me about. Its a cove that has become a home to a bunch of sea turtles. They started showing up on this beach about 10 years ago and they have started tracking them to see why. We had so much fun we went to this cove twice. The first day there were six turtles just sleeping on the beach. It was pretty crazy. They are so cool and it was fun to see them so close. Our next visit to this cove we decided to snorkel to see if we could see them swimming around. We swam around for a while and I can up for a minute and a lady on the beach said to me, "there is a turtle right next to you." So sure enough he was right next to me. After I spotted him he followed me around for a while and then started chasing Stewart. Thank goodness.... apparently if you touch one, because they are protected you go straight to Federal prison. So i was trying to get away from him but Stewart snapped the sweet pictures below with our underwater camera.



Don't you just love all of our self- portraits. The ONLY bad thing about vacationing by yourself.


Cutest town ever. HALEIWA! Little town on the north shore. Cute shops and one very tasty Mexican restaurant. Also home of the famous Matsumotos shaved ice...... yummy!

Too bad I don't look like Vanna White:( Oh well, what can you do!

2 comments:

anna banana said...

I am going to cry myself to sleep that I didnt get to go on this trip (or one like it...)

Allred Family said...

Wow looks like SO much fun. Those turtles are amazing.....I love 'em!!!! Looks like a GREAT trip