And all through the cabin the Christensen's were getting ready for Christmas while visions of sugar plums danced through their heads.


We, of course had to decorate for Christmas. We cut down a real tree and decorated it, and I just adored our tree. It had a certain charm about it:)
All our stocking were hung with care. How about the number of stockings?!?! haha.


All our stocking were hung with care. How about the number of stockings?!?! haha.


Meet frosty, the cutest snowman around. He was moved up to the porch as to be preserved so he wouldn't be a casualty of the snow plow.

The kids even did ski school. Let me just say those tiny skis are DARLING. Especially the little people who were on them. They did great for being so young and I was glad to get Ella started at a young age. Stew will probably take over the teaching from now on, free is always good.






And the snow adventures continue.... we had lots of sledding and tubing. Ella loved the tubing hill and was very sad when we had to leave. I thought she would be scared going down that giant hill on her own but when I got down to her she was laughing. My little dare devil. The couple also had sweet toboggan races at night after the kids went to bed. It was quite scary going down tandem not being able to see very well, but so much fun.




We also had crafts everyday for the kids. It was fabulous and they loved every minute. We made all sorts of yummy cookies, adorable snowman ornaments (made with their little handprints), santa masks, snow globes and gingerbread houses. And the adult girls made darling lanters, which are so dang cute and easy to make.








Ainsley brought her princess dresses and of course the girls had to dress up. Danielle turned on some princess music and the boys danced with the girls. It was unplanned and priceless. It couldn't have been cuter.



Christmas Eve we did a little nativity. It was fun to read the story of why we celebrate Christmas and have the kids act it out. Ella was so excited to be Mary:)
Thanks to our cast and crew:) All pictured below.

And the cutest little sheep I have ever seen.
All the grandkids slept in Grandma and Grandpas room on Christmas Eve. We all opened our pj's and got the kids ready and settled down for bed. Grandma read them the night before Christmas and we tucked all of them in. Ella woke Grandma up twice, at one am and again at four because she was soooo excited. We finally all got up at FIVE AM. Crazy. It was so fun to have Ella so excited and get really into Christmas this year. She really understood everything this year.


Luke wasn't too excited for Christmas. He liked his balls that were unwrapped and waiting for him. Ella was so cute when she saw all her present's Santa had left her.
Ella with her new tangled vanity and her sweet hair extensions. She loved this as well as all her new toy story stuff. I love this age because they are truly excited for everything they get.
All of us Christmas afternoon. I am grateful for Stewart's family and that we all get along and can have fun together. Thanks to everyone for making this a great week and A merry Christmas. Thank you, thank you to Thom and Kathryn for everything they do for us and everything they did for us this week.
All of us Christmas afternoon. I am grateful for Stewart's family and that we all get along and can have fun together. Thanks to everyone for making this a great week and A merry Christmas. Thank you, thank you to Thom and Kathryn for everything they do for us and everything they did for us this week.
I was also happy to be able to drive back to Vegas Christmas night to see my family. I missed them this year and so I was so excited to get to see them. And Ella was excited to open more presents. I am sad I have no pictures. But I love and adore my family and am grateful for them as well:)
4 comments:
we sure missed you guys this whole week! Glad you guys had so much fun,love all the cute stuff you did! love the snowman :)
So many fun memories! It looks like a picture perfect Christmas.
Fabulousness!
My favorite: the picture of Evan with both of his fingers up his nose holes! Classic!
Post a Comment