4.18.2010

And were back.....

We are alive over here at the Christensen household. Life with two is busy.... don't laugh mom's with more than two. I guess really it is just the newborn stage that is busy:) Ella is a great help. She loves to throw away diapers, get his binky, burp cloths, you name it and she loves to do it. She has even wiped his dirty bum:) We were driving in the car the other day and she said, " mom give me a burp cloth so I can wipe baby Luke's mouth he spit up:)" Such a mom she is!

Luke is a great baby so far and we are loving him to death. He gets a million kisses a day. For about a week I thought he was colicky but it turns out the kid was just hungry. He eats a ton- and when we weighed him Friday he is 11 pounds. Little chunk. I don't think he has that switch that tell him when he is full:) He is a great sleeper and only wakes up once or twice at night.

Don't know if I should confess this on my blog for fear you all might turn me into child services but here goes. I wake up suddenly last night to hear Luke screaming and I look at the clock and it is 5:30. I think what the heck why is the monitor not working. I come out and Stewart had fallen asleep on the floor and had heard Luke and got up to get him. I go in his room and Miss Ella had turned off the monitor in his room. She loves to push the buttons and turn them off but I didn't even think to check the one in his room before I went to bed. So the base was off which means who knows how long the poor guy had been screaming his head off. Thank goodness Stewart fell asleep on the floor watching TV. We just switched him to his own room/crib last week and now he is scared:) I felt terrible. Needless to say Ella is no longer allowed to touch the monitors.

Ella has been pretty funny about the whole baby thing. She says some pretty funny things:
- Mom is Luke going to eat your boob or a bottle
-She also has nursed her baby on a few occasions
-We were driving in the car and Ella says to me, "mom, when is Luke's penis going to fall off." I died laughing mostly because she really meant his cord but was a bit confused. I still laugh about that. Let's hope it never falls off.
And if I wasn't so tired I could probably remember more.

First day going to church. Well, it was stake conference. But he sure did look cute. Boys are so fun. And Ella's new dress from Grammy- she loves it:)

He is half awake- we love our little guy. He has also started to smile here and there.

Sleeping on Daddy

Little boys clothes are so cute. He looks like a little stud:)

Ella wanted to cuddle with her brother when she woke up from her nap so she got in his crib..... love my kids!


At the park and this is what Luke did.... must be nice!

We went to the park for a few hours with my mom, Ashlyn and Brysen and Ella had a blast. We love the park and fresh air. The weather has been so perfect:)

5 comments:

Kyle ♥ Ashlyn said...

finally an update :)
haha thats so funny that ella turned off the monitor silly girl:)
love that she wanted to cuddle with luke they are both so cute cant get over it:)

anna banana said...

Happy to see more pics of your little guy! He is so cute! Miss you guys!

Kelly Pia said...

Your kids are darling! I love the Sunday clothes! You are lucky he is a good sleeper! Bentley was AWFUL!

Sean and Hollee said...

Way cute kids! Ella makes me laugh. She cracks me up.

grammyjan said...

Ella is the best big sister, she is so sweet with Luke and you can see how much she loves him. What a good helper she is. She makes me laugh with all the funny things she says. Luke is getting so big so fast. I love watching them they are the best.